Sunday, December 6, 2009

Jenny bags Qatar Classic

JENNY Duncalf is clearly women's squash formplayer of the moment after bagging her third tournament title in a row at the Qatar Classic in Doha on Monday.

England's Jenny thumped Australian second seed Rachael Grinham 11-5, 11-3, 11-3 in 23 minutes to add the Qatar title to the Soho Square Open and Carol Weymuller Open crowns in the last four we e k s.


In two of those title winning runs, Jenny stunned World No 1 Nicol David, including in the semi-finals in Doha, to underline her status as the hottest property on the women's Wispa Tour currently.


“I've won the Qatar Classic, even though I can’t believe it yet. I was thinking earlier that this would be my 13th win in a row, hoping it wouldn't be unlucky 13.


“I wish there was another tournament next week,” said World No 6 Jenny.


British Open champion Nick Matthew made it a double English celebration when he defeated top seed Karim Darwish of Egypt 11-5, 12-10, 11-6 for the men's title.

Source:nst.com.my/

No comments:

Post a Comment